Sunday 22 September 2013

A Few Knits


It took an age, but a while ago I finally finished the cardigan for Isobel - "My honey" by DROPS Design. I used Debbie Bliss Rialto 4 ply and 3.25 needles (so small.....). Isobel chose the pattern from a selection I made on Ravelry and then we chose the yarn colour in Sharp Works. It is a much prettier and brighter purple than is showing here. Luckily the we had a fantastic Summer so the cardigan hasn't been 'required' yet, but it a good length so hopefully she will have some good wear out of it. She is delighted with it so worth the slog! I am not sure if I would do a DROP Design again as the instructions were not always super clear. Thanks to Helen and my mother-in-law for clarifying things when I was stumped!



As a contrast to the above I was after quick knits - large needles and hats! I had planned to knit a cable hat taken from a pattern in Mollie Makes and came across Quince&Co's Osprey in Stone on a visit to Loop. Made for my brother I loved knitting with this yarn and hopefully there is a little left to make Elis one:


And finally, I have always wanted to make Isobel a colourful beret. We spotted a beautiful 3 tone one in the latest mini Boden catalogue and after a quick search on Ravelry I found Carrie Bostick Hoge's pattern for 'Lottie Beret' and used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran. So sweet for toddler and young girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment